Popular posts from this blog
Assignment #13: Surreal:
What is the difference between surreal and real? To me, I think that being real is something that is right in front of you, and raw. Whereas when I think of surreal it is unusual and not really possible, except in an imagination setting. What does it mean when someone says: "That's so SURREAL!"? When I hear someone say, "That's so SURREAL!" or just surreal, I think of something sort of weird and out of the ordinary, specifically Salvador Dali's painting of melting clocks, to me surreal automatically makes the subject seem out of sorts and part of the imagination. René Magritte For inspiration on surrealism, I chose Magritte because his ideas are things that seem ordinary but are in fact extraordinary. At first glance of Magritte's work subjects seem quite normal but then after a minute or so viewers begin to realize that the subject is strange and impossible. Or, in the surreal paintings the ideas make viewers question moti...
Assignment #5: Design a Photographic Essay:
For my photo essay I decided to attempt to take photos that embody an emotion and that can convey the emotion through facial expressions in a portrait style. I chose happiness as my emotion because of the saying that a smile is contagious. If someone can look at my essay and as a result smile or become happy then my essay will have succeeded. I went to my most expressive friends that I thought would be up to modeling for me and asked them to wear their favorite outfit and to tell me about a time in their life, or a story, of when they were the happiest. Happiness is expressed differently through different people, these photos are paired with brief captions or descriptions written by the girl in the picture about what makes her happy. Here are my attempts at capturing happiness through imagery.

Comments
Post a Comment