Assignment #5: Polar Opposites:

          My concept for the polar opposite assignment was originally going to be life vs. death, yet after I realized that I was not going to be able to shoot my concept, I landed on the idea of start and finish. While walking around the school, I stumbled upon the class murals painted on the walls in the basement. I found the Freshmen as well as the Senior murals and decided to photograph them. This, to me, is an example of a start and finish process that I am experiencing right now. I believe this is true for two reasons. Freshman year is the start of your high school career and the start of becoming a responsible young adult, or teenager. Whereas, senior year is the end to that period, and the start of your adult life. Freshmen year can also be seen as the start of growing up and the transition to adulthood, and the end of childhood. I say this due to the fact that you are faced with unknown challenges in a normally unknown environment with new people, rules, responsibilities, and expectations. Whereas, your senior year you are beginning your adult life, because most seniors graduate at 18 years old. Senior year is also the end of you high school life and career. This is why I believe the freshmen and senior murals depict the concept of start and finish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #14: Through the Lens... :

Assignment #13: Surreal: