Assignment #20: Wrapped Object:


Some Ideas:

  1. A person wrapped in one color and placed in a contrasting color, for example, my friend has a room that has a red color scheme and a red leather chair. My idea would be to wrap her in a blue, pale blue, gauze on the harsh brick red chair. To make the image more unique I plan on wrapping her body closely and having her hold a cup of coffee while wearing jewelry, making it so only her body is wrapped. 
    1. If this idea doesn't work, I am still intrigued with the idea of contrasting colors. I would get a cheap chair, I would have to buy for this project, and I would wrap it in a red gauze using a purple ribbon. I plan on taking this to a beach and placing it in the blue water.
  2. Another idea, similar to the idea of using or placing a wrapped object in a normal scene as with the person. I was thinking of wrapping a phone with brown paper with twine and stamping the word "Fragile" on it. And having a person pose with the phone as if on a phone call. 
  3. My last idea was to go to Michael's and buy a setting or little figures that make up a town/home scene and wrapping each mini piece individually. Yet take the picture close up to be within the scene and up close with the objects. 

My Images:


  • The "re-do"(I decided that I could do something more successful and decided to do a smaller re-shoot):



  • The original shoot:





What I learned while working: Difficulties, Discoveries:
  • While working with inspiration from Christo and Jeanne Claude, I learned how hard it was to estimate the amount of fabric/material needed when wrapping an object, or in my case a person, fully. Another difficulty was ensuring that the binding stay tight. As my model moved from place to place during our shoot the ribbon and yarn became loose and began falling off towards the end. While working I discovered that shooting with a fully covered model makes for a "creepy/weird" shoot. Also, how long and strenuous wrapping is. For my shoot, my model was 5' 7" and had a slim figure, yet, between my mother and I wrapping her with fabric, yarn, and ribbon it took roughly 2.5 hours to wrap her and take the images.
Why are the images called "landscapes"?

  • After some research I found a quote from Christo along with an explanation from the interviewer said in a kpbs interview, “ All of that is the work of art, Christo said. In other words, he considers the surrounding landscape, the wind, the sun, and the water part of the artwork. This means that the two artists were not really completing an installation but more so adding to an already existing piece of artwork, nature.
  • Link: http://www.kpbs.org/news/2014/feb/05/christo-talks-about-his-artwork-jeanne-claude-and-/

Comments

  1. YES! I LOVE THE RE-DO! Thank you for caring as much as you do. You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Assignment #13: Surreal:

Assignment #14: Through the Lens... :